- The teacher's word is final (for safety).
- Reward and consequence system:
(a) Reward - Fun session last day of each term.
(b) Consequence -
- (i) Told to stop
- (ii) Sit on the side of the pool for 2 minutes
- (iii) Leave the session in the care of a parent or guardian.
- Swimming hats must be worn for all lessons. If this is not adhered to, the pupil will not be permitted to swim.
- Any foot infections to be covered.
- All spectators MUST remove outdoor footwear before entering the poolside.
- The swimming teacher has sole control of the children in lessons.All other children are the responsibility of the accompanying adult(s).
- No-one must enter the pool complex unless accompanied by a teacher. This rule must be adhered to rigidly.
- Only swimming costumes of an approved nature are to be worn, i.e.: Boys - proper swimming trunks; Girls - a one-piece suit.
- All persons must use the footbath before entering the pool. Swimmers must shower first. Anyone with an open wound is not permitted in the pool. If in doubt, please see a teacher.
"Bombing" and "Piggy Backs" are not permitted.
Diving and jumping into the pool is permitted under supervision only.
Running is not allowed on the poolside.
Swimmers are not allowed to stand on the pool handrails (Gordon's Pool).
- Procedure for Evacuating the Building
On hearing one long blast of the whistle the teacher will ask you to clear the pool complex.
Please leave immediately by the nearest exit, in an orderly manner.
- Please keep noise to a minimum.
- The swim school cannot accept responsibility for loss or damage to any personal belongings brought to the swimming pool by either a pupil or persons accompanying them.
- The swim school reserves the right to revoke without notice any contract for lessons. In the event of such revocation we shall refund or replace lessons in respect of such.
- The swim school reserves the right to cancel lessons without notice and without liability to the swim school where the pool is unfit for use or where the pool becomes unavailable for use by the swim school.
- At Gordon's School, all cars must be parked on the parade ground and not in the parking area by the pool where the mini buses are kept.
- You are not permitted to park outside the pool area. Failure to comply with this could lead to termination of lessons. You may be asked on certain occasions to use another area to park in. (Gordon's School).
- The speed limit inside Gordon's School's grounds is 5 mph, and anyone travelling faster could have their child's lessons revoked.
- No food or drink is permitted in the swimming pool complex.
- Prams or pushchairs are not permitted on the poolside.
- In no case is access permitted to any other part of Gordon's School other than the swimming pool complex including changing rooms and WC's.
- I/We accept full responsibility for administering and providing any medication our child may require while in lessons with Ollie Otter's Swim School.
I/We understand Ollie Otter's Swim School are unable to administer any medication, i.e. Asthma inhalers etc.
Failure to comply with these rules could lead to the termination of lessons.